Friday, March 18, 2011

Why A Book Blog?

I could never be classified as a huge reader growing up.  The only books I remember reading were Judy Blume, Nancy Drew and Pippi Longstocking, but didn't love sitting in a corner to read.  When I was in 9th grade, I remember Mrs. Woodruff telling us we would have to read novels throughout the year as a huge part of our English grade.  I was intrigued enough to actually read all of the books she assigned, some of which included Of Mice and Men, The Scarlet Letter and To Kill a Mockingbird.  I enjoyed reading all of those, but I didn't fall in love with reading.

Actually, that would have been helpful if I would have - for the sake of the remainder of my high school career.  I became the 'cliff note' queen and loathed any book I was forced to read.

But, now I'm all grown up and actually love to read.  I've recently found more time to do so and I'd like to keep track of what I have read.  I always felt like talking about books on my other blog seemed a little out of place.  Hence the reason for this blog. 

So, here goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment